Dating apps, for sure, have made the dating game easier. First, there is always a pool of prospective dates with just a button click. Also, being able to dictate what kind of relationship you are looking for from the word go gives the dating game the upper hand.
However, some things are still hard to work through. For example, knowing how to tell if a guy fancies us isn’t always as easy as we’d like it to be, so knowing how to spot any subtle signs is a must—especially if we want to navigate the dating game skillfully.
Also, we need to understand that, just like in real life, some relationships that develop through dating apps can take a different turn from what we had first imagined. So, someone you may meet as a prospective date, you may not fancy, or they may not desire you, but still, you may hit it off on a personality basis. If this is the case, it is helpful to read the signs and, from then on decide what you want to do with them.
To do this exercise well, we must consider that people express their feelings differently.
However, some common subtle signs would help you read even the closest books.
Here are some potential indications:
- Body language most times betrays us, humans. Take advantage! Read his body language when he’s around you. Signs like leaning towards you, facing you directly, maintaining eye contact, or finding excuses to touch you gently can be positive signals.
- If he shows a heightened interest in your life, asks you questions, remembers details about conversations you’ve had, or pays attention to your interests and hobbies, it could mean he’s attracted to you.
- Does he text or call you often? Initiating conversations and maintaining regular contact are signs that he wants to stay connected and values your interaction.
- If he does try to spend time with you, whether it’s through group outings or one-on-one activities, it could be an indication of his interest. He may suggest going out for meals, movies, or sharing hobbies. Make sure at least one of these suggestions involves just him and you. If he always includes a third party, he may be giving you a hint that all he wants from you is friendship.
- Compliments and teasing can indicate whether he fancies you, but at the same time, they could be deceiving. Some guys frequently compliment the appearance, personality, or achievements of a woman friend. Playful teasing can be a sign that he feels comfortable around you and wants to create a connection, but the relationship may be of a friend zone nature, so tread carefully on this one.
- People often subconsciously mirror the actions of those they like. Observe whether he mirrors your gestures, speech patterns, or expressions, as it can signify attraction.
- Some guys become slightly anxious or shy when attracted to someone. If you notice signs of unease, such as fidgeting, blushing, or stumbling over words, it might suggest he has feelings for you.
We hope you found this advice useful. At the end of the day, though, if all the above fails, the best way to know what is through open and honest communication. If you’re interested in him, you can try subtly expressing your feelings or asking him if he sees you as more than a friend!